Rotary evaporators are commonly used in chemistry related environments for the efficient and gentle removal of solvents from samples by evaporation under vacuum.
The evaporator consists of a heating bath with a rotating flask, in which the liquid is distributed as a thin film over the hot flask wall surfaces so it can evaporate easily. The evaporation rate is regulated by the heating bath temperature, the size of flask, the pressure of distillation, the coolant temperature and the speed of evaporation flask rotation.
Scitek offers rotary evaporation solutions from Heidolph Instruments and Genser Scientific in Germany.
Intelligent evaporation stands for an overheat protection design that prevents water baths running dry, provides a detachable panel for superior ease of use from outside closed fume hoods and offers a proven vacuum seal and vapor tube system guaranteed for years of operation!
BenchTop Rotary Evaporation
Key Features of our Heidolph Hei-Vap benchtop evaporators include:
- Chemical-resistant vacuum seal allows for years of operation and reduces spare parts budget up to 75 %
- Detachable panel allows for the highest operational safety from outside closed fume hoods
- 210 °C heating bath with safety handles and pour spout accommodates 5 liter flasks
- Non-sticking vapor tube with patented clamping sleeve eliminates broken glass and reduces spare parts cost significantly
- The flange made of chemical-resistant PPS reduces corrosion, maintenance and spare parts cost to a minimum
- The patented Easy-Clip provides an easy removal of sticking flasks and can ́t get lost due to direct connection to the drive
- Safety bath will power off if temperature overshoots by 5 °C or runs dry
- A metal support between the heating bath and the base unit prevents bath instability
- A separate on/off switch for heating prevents unintentional heat-up – the button is illuminated for visual control
- Bath power cable coupling complies with protection class IP 67 to prevent corrosion and short circuits
Watch this video for a short introduction of our Hei-Vap rotary evaporators:
Please download the brochure for detailed information: Rotary_Evaporators_2014 low res
Pilot Rotary Evaporation
Key Features of our Heidolph Laborota evaporators include:
- A guard hood consisting of a metal frame and safety glass covers the bath completely while providing clear visible monitoring
- Features water-level regulation system to prevent water from spilling over and potential floods in lab
- Unique integrated evaporating flask support system allows for “one-person operation” to remove the flask in just moments
- A temperature sensor powers off the bath in case of any uncontrolled heat-up event. In case of overpressure or glassware breakage, the unit powers off entirely
- No hassle or safety concerns due to low bath fluid levels: the self-filling water bath takes the worry out of running dry
- Receiver cassettes guard against glassware breakage while providing a self- standing support
- Excellent user safety: condenser and receiving flasks are protected by high- impact transparent PMMA doors
- Continuous unattended evaporation without limits – the automatic module Laborota 20 Distimatic with automatic release of product
Watch this video for a short introduction of our Laborota rotary evaporators:
Please download the brochure for detailed information: Large-Scale_Rotary_Evaporators_2014 low res
Large Scale Rotary Evaporators
Genser Scientific make high performance rotary evaporation systems with many unique features. The main design difference to all other brands is the floating evaporation bath (patented). This allows long seal lifetimes which are guaranteed for 20,000 operation hours.
Genser glassware has extremely good leak rates allowing evaporations to be performed at lowest temperatures saving energy and protecting your samples. Process yields and product purities can be further improved with the patented StaconSeal option which allows Genser rotary evaporators to achieve pressures as low as 0.01 mbar. Solutions include batch systems and fully automated production systems with up to 100l flask volume, optionally also in ATEX compliant explosion-proof design.
Scitek staff have 15 years experience in the field of rotary evaporation.
We can expertly combine Heidolph and Genser rotary evaporation systems with our chemistry diaphragm pumps from KNF as well as Huber chillers.