Focused Ion Beam Nanofabrication
FIB complements the overall nanofabrication process by providing various direct patterning or masking techniques. Direct milling, deposition, or etching helps to simplify the nanofabrication process and minimize process development efforts. resistless hard masking, ion implantation, and surface functionalization can be used for selectively modifying a material or directing a subsequent processing step, beside standard resist lithography.
Products provided by Scitek Australia are listed below:
VELION is a novel FIB-SEM instrument in which FIB nanofabrication has matured into the standard technique for fabricating three dimensional and high resolution nanostructures, such as plasmonic devices, nano-fluidics, localized implantation and functionalization.
With its unique set-up of a vertical FIB-column and attached SEM, in combination with Raith’s laser interferometer stage and mature lithography technology, VELION truly defines FIB as the priority technique. The dedicated nanofabrication system architecture ensures unrivaled stability, accuracy, and automation. Even the most complex structures can be fabricated with highest precision, completely unattended over many hours.
The new VELION, with its innovative system set-up, offers:
- Direct and versatile FIB patterning for simplified, flexible, 3D, and automated processing
- Highest precision and reproducible nanofabrication over extended areas and periods of time
- SEM imaging for in-situ process control, inspection and sample preparation
“Four Modes. Two Beams. One System.”
Benefit from achieving results faster by eliminating time-consuming and yield-limiting steps in the lithography-process like etching of new and challenging materials. Direct milling and etching are possible for the creation of 3D structures, even on topographic samples and distributed over large areas.
Prepare your TEM samples with FIB milling and SEM live control in-situ. Gas injection systems, nano probers, and accurate end-point control enable various sample preparation applications.
Check your process development and results in-situ. With advanced stage setups, high-resolution SEM, and automated metrology, process control can be performed directly for fast parameter optimization.
Exploit the unlimited opportunities of combined FIB and SEM in a single tool. EBL applications are also possible thanks to features including sophisticated parameter control, automatic scans, and proximity effect correction.
Unique Features of a Unique FIB-SEM
- Dedicated nanoFIB Three ion column
- Tailored high-resolution FE-SEM column
- Laser interferometer stage
- Multi-species ion beam technology
- Matured software for nanofabrication and inspection
- Truly continuous writing strategies
- Various options including gas injection, nano manipulators, EDX, and more
- Configurable platform for future upgrades
For more information of this equipment and more contact us on email@example.com