alpha300 R for confocal Raman Imaging
While long recognized as the state-of-the-art imaging system, ongoing development resulting from our innovative spirit keeps the WITec's Raman microscope alpha300 R at the forefront of the technology and sets the benchmark in terms of flexibility, sensitivity, speed and performance. These unique characteristics have established the alpha300 R the preeminent confocal Raman imaging system on the market.
The flexibility of the alpha300 R series allows the system to adapt to all requirements, combine different imaging techniques and to evolve to meet new or expanded needs.
- Confocal Raman Imaging with unprecedented performance in speed, sensitivity, and resolution
- Hyperspectral image generation with the information of a complete Raman spectrum at every image pixel
- Excellent diffraction limited lateral resolution of 200 - 300 nm
- Outstanding depth resolution ideally suited for 3D image generation and depth profiles
- Ultra-fast Raman imaging option with only 0.76 milliseconds integration time per spectrum
- Ultra-high throughput lens-based spectroscopic system for highest sensitivity and best performance in spectral resolution
- Non-destructive imaging technique: no staining of fixation of the sample required
3D confocal color-coded Raman image of an emulsion of oil (green), alkane (magenta), and water (blue). 30 µm x 30 µm x 11.5 µm, 150 x 150 x 23 pixels, 517,500 Raman spectra, total acquisition time: 23 min.
3D Raman Image of a pollen in crystalline honey. Image parameters: 150 x 150 x 50 pixels = 1,125,000 Raman spectra, scan area: 50 µm x 50 µm x 50µm, integration time per spectrum: 12.2 milliseconds, total acquisition time: 3h 50 min.
Raman General Operation Modes
- Raman spectral imaging: acquisition of a complete Raman spectra at every image pixel
- Planar (x-y-direction) and depth scans (z-direction) with manual sample positioning
- Image stacks: 3D confocal Raman imaging
- Time series
- Single point Raman spectrum acquisition
- Single-point depth profiling
- Fibre-coupled UHTS spectrometer specifically designed for Raman microsopy and applications with low light intensities
- Confocal Fluorescence Microscopy
- Bright Field Microscopy
Basic Microscope Features
- Research grade optical microscope with 6x objective turret
- Video system: video CCD camera
- LED white-light source for Köhler illumination
- Manual sample positioning in x- and y-direction
- Fibre coupling
- Sample size: 120 mm in x- and y-direction, 25 mm in height
Raman Optional/Upgradable Operation modes
- Additional lasers, several wavelenghts eligible
- Additional UHTS-spectrometers (UV, VIS, NIR)
- Automated, motorized sample positioning and measuring with piezo-driven scan stages, 25 mm travel range (50 mm travel range optional)
- Automated confocal Raman imaging (25 x 25 mm²; optional 50 x 50 mm²)
- Automated multi-area and multi-point measurements
- Full automation: see apyron
- Ultrafast Raman imaging (1300 spectra per second) optional available
- Upgradable for epi-fluorescence applications
- Adapter for higher samples
- TrueSurface for Raman depth profiling
- Dark Field Microscopy, Phase Contrast Microscopy, and DIC optional
Ultrahigh-throughput UHTS Spectrometers
- Various lens-based, excitation optimized spectrometers (UV, VIS or NIR) available, all specifically designed for Raman microsopy and applications with low light intensities
- Fibre-coupled ultrahigh-throughput optical instruments (up to 70 % transmission)
- Superior peak shape conservation
apyron∞ - Class-leading Performance: Automatically
With the apyron imaging system you will be prepared to explore beyond the established frontiers of your field. It has been developed to overcome the boundary between ease-of-use and ultimate capability in Raman Imaging. Equipped with this seamless versatility, your creativity can be fully expressed.
When simplicity meets performance
As a member of the WITec product family, apyron sets the benchmark for automated Raman Imaging systems with excellent imaging qualities: outstanding spectral and spatial resolution, ultra-fast acquisition times, and exceptional signal sensitivity in combination with automated system configurations and intuitive measurement procedures.
When high-resolution imaging meets high-resolution spectroscopy
Ultrahigh-throughput spectrometers provide unprecedented spectral resolution, detailed spectral information at every image pixel and the highest Raman signal sensitivity.
apyron is the ideal Raman imaging system for:
- Multi-user labs accomodating varied user skills and requirements
- Industry labs with recurring experimental scenarios and an emphasis on time-critical turnover
- Raman newcomers with advanced imaging requirements
- Leading Raman spectroscopists seeking the next performance benchmark
A New Class of Automated Raman Imaging Systems - Key Features
WITec is established as the manufacturer of the industry‘s most advanced Raman Imaging systems. This distinction now also extends to automated systems.
TruePower: Automated Absolute Laser Power Determination in mW
The absolute laser power is measured in the optical fiber and can be adjusted with accuracy of <0.1 mW. A laser shutter shields the sample from the laser light and opens only during Raman analysis with optimized laser power to avoid any sample degradation. apyron is the only Raman Imaging system on the market to provide such an accuracy ensuring optimal laser power for the preservation of delicate samples and reproducibility in measurement conditions.
Automated Laser Wavelength Selection and Spectrometer Adjustment
The selection of the laser has never been easier: With a simple click of the mouse the wavelength can be chosen in the software user interface. What follows is an automated adjustment and calibration of all spectrometer components such as filters, gratings etc. to enable optimal system performance.
- More than 16 million Raman spectra can be acquired in a single dataset
- Spectral resolution down to 0.1 rel. 1/cm per pixel (@633 nm excitation)
- 3D Raman Imaging at a lateral resolution limited only by physical law
- Push-button instrument and measurement control
Ultrahigh-throughput Spectrometers for Unprecedented Spectral Resolution, Detailed Spectral Information at Every Image Pixel and the Highest Raman Signal Sensitivity
The lens-based imaging spectrometer was specifically designed for Raman microscopy and applications at ultra-low light intensities. Versions are available for a wide variety of excitation wavelengths and focal lengths and are optimized for their specific laser wavelength:
- UHTS 300 for most effective and ultrafast 3D confocal Raman Imaging
- UHTS 400 for excellent spectral and image quality for the red and NIR
- UHTS 600 for unrivaled spectral resolution in 3D confocal Raman Imaging
- Automated sample positioning and motorized scan tables
- Software-controlled measurement settings
- TrueSignal: system-controlled adjustment of the optical fiber position to maximize the light into the fiber output of the microscope
- TrueCal: convenient performance of pre-defined calibration routines for the optical and mechanical microscope components whenever required
- Laser safety class 1
Gain entrance to the Raman world today – Stay flexible for emerging challenges tomorrow
access is a micro-Raman single-spot analysis and mapping microscope. It was specifically engineered for budget-conscious customers with high demands on instrument performance. Its outstanding spectral quality, optical throughput and signal sensitivity are ensured by well-established WITec optical elements.
The high-quality microscope setup of the access is also the basis for its full upgradability. Whenever needed, access can be easily and quickly adapted to new requirements. Customized solutions for e.g. scan stages, spectrometers, cameras and lasers can be added and even advanced Raman techniques can be integrated.
So over time, with an access microscope as a starting point, one could build up a WITec high-end instrument to conquer the Raman world. With this continuity inherent in our product line, accessenables our customers to keep pace with the evolving state of the art.
access to high-performance Raman spectroscopy and spectral Raman mapping
access to high-quality and ultra-precise optical microscopy components
access to exceptional spectral quality provided by the WITec UHTS spectrometer series
access to class-leading capability within challenging budget environments
access to the WITec Raman and imaging know-how
access to the future of Raman spectroscopy through upgradeability
Large-area Raman map (A) of a pharmaceutical pain relief ointment (emulsion) and corresponding spectra of oil and water with the dissolved active ingredient (B). Raman analysis of a graphene flake: (C) White light video image indicating the positions of single micro-Raman spectra acquisitions as shown in (D) with corresponding colors. The Raman image in (E) reveals its layered structure based on the recorded Raman map.
- High-quality, rock solid microscope base for highest stability and long-term drift elimination
- Research-grade optical microscope body with LED Köhler white-light illumination and video camera sample view
- Manual stage for highly accurate single-point spectrum acquisitions
- Motorized microscopy stage (optional) to allow for high-resolution confocal Raman mapping and large area investigations
- Multiple laser excitation sources adaptable (single or multi-laser coupling units) for a maximum of experimental flexibility
- Compatibility with the WITec software for measurement settings and data evaluation
- Spectroscopy system UHTS 300 broadband for VIS to NIR (laser configurations between 532 nm and 830 nm), other spectrometers optional
Fluorescence microscopy and polarization dependent measurements easily accessible