Magnetic Stirrers and Accessories
Scitek provides effective and efficient magnetic stirrers and accessories. The Heidolph magnetic stirrers of the MR-series are perfectly suitable for smooth to intense mixing and heating of low-viscosity fluids. The Heidolph hot plate stirrer is your first choice for decomposing organic and inorganic substances.
Aspects such as safety, convenience and cost savings have been considerably taken into account during the development of the stirrers. This is reflected in various unique product advantages of our lab hot plates. The KeraDisk hot plates allow for immediate heat transfer resulting in quick heat up times and chemically resistant surface.
The sealed housing protects your magnetic stirrer from aggressive fumes, liquids and vapors to prevent internal corrosion. The extended heating capacity of 800 W of our lab mixer reduces heat up times by 35% compared to other lab mixers at 600 W.
Turn your hot plate stirrer with our attachments into an efficiency increasing reaction station for up to 45 samples. The Heat-On attachments for our Heidolph stirrer are by far the safest, fastest and most efficient method for heating and mixing solutions in round bottom flasks.
Choose between different models of our hot plate magnetic stirrers: MR Hei-Standard, MR Hei-Tec, MR Hei-End. Regardless of your application – our stirring hot plates will guarantee gentle stirring in biology and microbiology applications.
Key Features of Heidolph Magnetic Stirrers:
- two independent temperature safety circuits with auto heater power off in case of malfunctions
- separate on/off switch for the heater to prevent accidental start
- Kera-Disk coating for unmatched chemical resistance and scratch protection
- hermetically sealed electronics which survive longer in fume hoods
- the strongest magnet in the market for powerful stirring
- fastest possible heat up times thanks to outstanding heat transfer through the Kera-Disk hotplate
Please watch this video for a short overview of our MR series:
- Top plate is insulated from the motor and protects your heat-sensitive samples from any thermal damage
- To treat your sample gently and protect it from damage the rotation speed ramps up slowly until it has reached the pre-programmed speed
- Top plate diameter of 145 mm and a speed range from 100 to 1,400 rpm is ideal for quantities up to 20 liter
- Hermetically-sealed housing prevents corrosion and increases the service life of your unit
- You can even work with dry ice - a robust thermal insulation prevents corrosion inside the housing which prohibits dripping of condensate on the electronic components
- Due to the Kera-Disk® ceramic coating, the top plate is chemical-resistant and scratch-proof
Hei-Mix L - Technical Data
|Rotation speed range||100 – 1,400 rpm|
|Max. stirring capacity (H2O)||20 l|
|Accuracy temperature setting||-|
|Temperature accuracy with external temp. sensor||-|
|Safety circuit hotplate||-|
|Plate diameter ø||145 mm|
|Plate material||Kera-Disk® (Silumin with ceramic coating)|
|Sensor breakage protection||-|
|Residual heat indicator||-|
|Analog / digital interface||-|
|Protection class DIN EN 60529||IP 32|
- Safer than messy oil baths because it avoids oil spitting, spilling or causing a fire.
- Cost effective and environmentally friendly because there’s no oil waste.
- Stays cool for longer than a glass dewar or plastic bowl.
Heat-On Block System - Overview
The safer alternative to oil baths
Heat-On accepts vials, tubes and flasks from 10 ml to 5 litres.
- Replace messy oil baths, heating mantles and avoid spills.
- Make your chemistry safer, cleaner and faster.
- Solid aluminium blocks provide even heating.
- Lightweight design allows rapid heating.
- Unique well design eliminates cracking of flasks.
- Blocks feature two probe holes for added convenience
- Optional and detachable lifting handles.
- Optional PTFE Safety Covers reduce risk of user touching hot blocks
- Block for Florentine (pear-shaped) flasks.
- Use up to 260˚C.
- Fit on all leading hotplate brands with a 145mm Ø top plate; optional adapter plate for 135mm Ø top plates
Choice of block finishes
- Fluoropolymer coating gives superb chemical resistance
- Anodised finish is durable, lower cost option
Reasons for choosing Heat-On - cleaner, greener, safer
The risk of oil fires and injury from hot oil spills, plus the mess and cost associated with the use of oil means that oil baths no longer represent safe working practice in labs. Heating mantles are expensive, difficult to clean, do not respond well to spills and often create hot spots when heating.
Scientists are increasingly turning to specially designed aluminium blocks located on stirring hotplates to heat standard round bottom flasks.
Oil baths are messy, dangerous and costly
- Oil will discolour and degrade with repeated heating and contamination from chemicals, water and general debris.
- Degradation results in a dangerous lowering of the oil’s flashpoint as well as increased smoking and fumes.
- Oil should be regularly replaced to maintain a safe working environment.
- Disposal of oil waste must be done in an environmentally and safe way, with associated costs.
Heat-On Block System - Key Features
Heat-On Block System - Tech Data
Heat-On heats hotter, faster
- Not all block designs are the same
- Heat-up tests have shown Heat-On can boil a 250 ml flask of water in under 11 minutes, faster than an oil bath and faster than other blocks.
- Another controlled test showed that a 2000 ml Heat-On block and flask, containing 1000 ml flask of water boiled 66% faster than the leading competitor.
- Heat-On is energy-efficient - using 30% less energy than the leading competitor, when boiling water over a 7 hour period
To see full test results please visit Technical Downloads and download the Heat-On Bulletin TDS02S.
Heat-On Heat-up Summary
The following data is a summary of time taken for Heat-On to boil various volumes of water. The data was compiled using a Carousel Stirring Hotplate set at its maximum operating temperature.
Contents time to reach boiling
|10||6||310||4 min 48 sec|
|25||15||310||5 min 54 sec|
|50||30||310||7 min 12 sec|
|100||60||310||7 min 54 sec|
|150||100||310||10 min 36 sec|
|250||150||310||9 min 48 sec|
|500||300||310||13 min 30 sec|
|1000||600||310||17 min 06 sec|
|2000||1200||310||26 min 18 sec|
|3000||2000||310||39 min 36 sec|
|5000||3000||310||51 min 00 sec|
Cool-It™ Insulated Bowls - Safer and more efficient way of cooling.
The safe and efficient way of cooling and stirring round bottom flasks to -78˚C
- Stays cool for longer than a glass dewar or plastic bowl.
- Virtually unbreakable compared to fragile glass dewars.
- Safer and easier solvent disposal because of the unique non-drip spout and ergonomically designed handle.
Cool-It Insulated Bowls - Overview
Cool-It - the unbreakable dewar
Cool-It replaces fragile glass dewars, unstable plastic bowls and keeps your chemistry colder for longer. The compact and virtually unbreakable Cool-It insulated bowls are designed to fit onto a standard stirring hotplate to cool and stir round bottom flasks, beakers or test tubes etc.
Cool-It keeps it cooler for longer
- Cool-It will keep your sample below -70°C for up to 5 times longer than a plastic bowl.
- Cool-It will keep your reactions below -70°C for twice as long as a glass dewar.
Large and small bowl options
- Small Cool-It bowl for flasks up to 400ml
- Large Cool-It bowl for flasks up to 2 Litres.
Cool-It bowls are manufactured from a robust, chemically-resistant HDPE casing encapsulating a high quality insulated foam core. The combination of tough composite materials provides excellent insulation and (unlike fragile glass dewars) is virtually unbreakable.
Easy pour spout and handle
Cool-It’s unique non-drip spout and ergonomically designed handle makes the disposal of solvents much safer and easier; avoiding accidental spillages and creating a safer working environment.
Optional lid increases cooling time by 20%
The two piece lid will help to keep your reaction cool for up to 20% longer, minimising condensation and ice formation on your flask (maintaining visibility of the contents) and prevents spitting from the cooling mixture.
Protects your stirrer and minimises spills
Cool-It minimises frost on the outer surfaces, protecting your stirrer from moisture ingress. It is also designed to fit securely onto the top plate minimising accidental spills.
Cool-It fits on to all popular brands of stirring hotplate
Fit on all leading hotplate brands with a 145mm Ø top plate; optional adapter plate for 135mm Ø top plates.
RR71011 Cool-It Small Bowl + Free Lid
RR71021 Cool-It Large Bowl + Free Lid
RR61085 Adapter for 135mm Ø Hotplates (IKA etc)
RR61087 Adapter Plate for Square Hotplates
RR99905 Digital Thermometer (-250C to +400C) and 200mm Probe
RR99906 Digital Thermometer (-250C to +400C)
RR99907 200mm Temperature Probe
RR99908 Dry Ice Scoop
RR99909 Cold Temperature Apron 1060mm long, Waterproof
RR99910 Protective Face Shield
RR98024 Protective Cold Temperature Gloves (pair)
RR71120 Support Rod Hotplate Adapter
RR71127 Support Rod 500 x 13mm
RR71110 Retort Clamp to 85mm
RR71115 Boss Head 16mm
PTFE Magnetic Stirring Bars
RR98075 Cross Shape Stirring Bar 10mm (for 5 to 10ml), pk 40
RR98091 Cross Shape Stirring Bar 16.5mm RE (for 25 to 50ml), pk 20
RR99064 Elliptical Stirring Bar 25mm RE (for 100 to 400ml), pk 10
RR95920 Oval Stirring Bar 40mm (for 500 to 1000ml), pk 5
RR95921 Oval Stirring Bar 50mm (for 2000ml), pk 5
RR71200 Stirring Bar Evaluation Kit - for flasks, pk 10
(Contains 2 of each of the above stirrer bars)
Cool-It Insulated Bowls - Key Features
StarFish™ Work Station - Space saving multi-tasker that increases productivity and cuts costs.
StarFish Work Station - Overview
The StarFish Multi-Experiment Work Station
Whether you want to just heat and stir, or perform more complex parallel experiments, StarFish really can make your life easier and improve productivity.
- Fits all leading brands of stirring hotplate.
- Accepts standard vials, test tubes, beakers and flasks.
- Set-up vessels individually or in parallel.
StarFish - for popular heating and stirring applications
StarFish has proven popular in the following laboratories:
- Teaching and university
- Chemistry and biochemistry
- Environmental analysis
- Food testing
What are the benefits?
- Space saving - uses less space than multiple heating and stirring set-ups.
- Increases productivity - multiple positions allow you to heat, stir and reflux experiments in parallel.
- Cost effective - use your existing stirring hotplate and glassware. Eliminate the cost of multiple set-ups.
- Safer, cleaner working - eliminate oil baths, reduce spills, mess and accidents.
- Flexible - use as many positions as you want.
- Easy to use and quick to assemble.
- Compact - store spare components in a drawer and not on the bench.
StarFish Work Station - Key Features
Carousel™ Stirring Hotplates - Faster and safer heating.
Carousel Stirring Hotplates - Overview
Choice of three models: all offering improved safety, ease of use and faster heat-up times
The unique Kera-Disk heating plate comprises aluminum for fast heating times and a wafer-thin ceramic coating to make the heating plate both chemically and scratch resistant.
- 3 Year Warranty
- 800 Watt heating power - heats faster
- Hotplate temperature range: 20 to 300 °C.
- Pt1000 temperature sensor for all models.
- Speed range: 30 to 1400rpm.
- Chemically resistant Kera-Disk top plate coating.
- 135mm top plate diameter.
- Suitable for continuous unattended operation.
- NEW Residual heat indicator helps prevent accidental burns.
- NEW Connect model with RS232 for optional software control.
Kera-Disk® top plate
- Aluminium top plate allows for rapid heat transfer for fast heating.
- High performance, glass ceramic top coating is resistant to chemicals and scratches.
- The innovative, hermetically sealed housing helps prevent internal corrosion from aggressive liquids or vapours.
- Increases the lifespan and reduces maintenance and repairs.
Suitable for unattended operation
- Designed and certified to conform to DIN EN 61010-1:2001 and DIN EN 61010-2-010:2014 for continuous, unattended operation.