Precise working with an overhead stirrer depends on the right choice of the stirrer tool. When choosing a stirrer tool you have to consider its different characteristics and their effects: For example, the flow which the tool causes in the medium, the tool´s adequate field of application depending on the speed range, and the execution of the tool according to the viscosity it is destined for.
Impeller application examples:
- Gassing of liquids < 500 mPa s: Radial Flow Impeller
- Homogenizing and suspensing in liquids < 500 mPa s: Propeller-Type or Blade Impeller
- Medium with a viscosity > 500 mPa s: Anchor-Type Impeller, Blade Impeller BR 13, VISCO JET®
- Stirring, of gel: VISCO JET®
Please ensure that for radial flow, blade, half-moon and VISCO JET® impeller the beaker size and position of your impeller complies with the guidelines below to achieve superior mixing results.
Position of the stirring tool :
- In center
- Distance to the bottom (h3/d2): 0.3
- Diameter vessel (h1/d1): 1
- VISCO JET® Ø ratio (d2/d1): 0,4 – 0,6
- 3 – 15 m/sec: Radial Flow Impeller
- 2 – 5 m/sec: VISCO JET®, Blade and Anchor-Type Impellers
Along with impellers Scitek also provides a large array of overhead stirrer related accessories from stands to shaft guards.