Rotary evaporators are commonly used in chemistry related environments for the efficient and gentle removal of solvents from samples by evaporation under vacuum.
The evaporator consists of a heating bath with a rotating flask, in which the liquid is distributed as a thin film over the hot flask wall surfaces so it can evaporate easily. The evaporation rate is regulated by the heating bath temperature, the size of flask, the pressure of distillation, the coolant temperature and the speed of evaporation flask rotation.
Scitek offers rotary evaporation solutions from Heidolph Instruments and Genser Scientific in Germany.
Heidolph, the global technology leader in benchtop rotary evaporation offers a complete range of intelligent solutions for every application.
Intelligent evaporation stands for an overheat protection design that prevents water baths running dry, provides a detachable panel for superior ease of use from outside closed fume hoods and offers a proven vacuum seal and vapor tube system guaranteed for years of operation!
BenchTop Rotary Evaporation
"Intelligent Distillation“ proves the difference in separation of samples, in evaporation of solvents and that quality is no coincidence.
The rotary evaporators of our Hei-VAP series create new milestones within vacuum evaporation - a well-designed concept, unmatched tightness and uncompromising high quality.
The new seal system, speed-regulated vacuum pumps as well as the new generation of high-performance condensers ensure the highest solvent recovery, increase the lifetime of a rotary evaporator and vacuum pump and reduces residue in the ambient atmosphere. At the same time, you save up to 90 % of energy costs.
In short: Whatever you expect a rotary evaporator to be; the Hei-VAP series will fulfil these needs.
A variety of additional options makes the Heidolph rotary evaporator the best solution for your individual requirements. You reach up to 40 % higher evaporation rates with our new XL condensers and achieve purest results through our innovative seal system, which enables a stable evaporation process and therefore overcomes any pharmaceutical or chemical challenge.
Convince yourself from the quality, performance and reliability of our rotary evaporators, which we exclusively develop and manufacture in Germany only.
Hei-VAP Series Overview
Results without compromise – quality without compromise.
Achieving the correct results often requires countless repetition. As a researcher, you place the highest demands on yourself, your work and your results. It’s our mission to deliver equipment that is equally uncompromising.
The Hei-VAP Core impresses with its superior ease of use at the highest quality level. Excellent workmanship and premium-quality materials meet carefully considered features specially developed for the needs of our users. The result is a new generation of rotary evaporators – a simple to operate, highly robust premium device that immensely simplifies your daily work.
- Equipped with proven smart details such as Easy-Clip, patented clamping sleeve, lift stop to limit immersion depth, universal 5-L-heating bath, various glass accessories etc.
- Available as hand or motor lift
- Clear digital display for monitoring the current values and separate button to display the set values
- To protect the electronics, the operating panel is splash water protected in accordance with IP 42
- Two separate operating knobs for adjusting the rotation speed and heating temperature with LED ring light system for activity indication
- Activated lock feature prevents inadvertent adjustments
- Residual heat indicator when >50 °C
- Standby button stops all functions and lifts the evaporator flask out of the heating bath on motor lift models
- Ergonomically optimized heating bath handles sit securely in your hand
- Easily adjust immersion depth up to 155 mm and the tilt angle of the evaporating flask from 20° to 80°
- Grease-free operation thanks to innovative sealing technology
- Ventilation cap with PTFE inlet and free of ground joints. Optionally available with replenishment valve
- Optional cable extension – The operating panel can be detached for use outside closed fume hoods
|LIFT||Hand or Motor lift|
|ROTATION SPEED RANGE||10 – 280 rpm|
|BATH TEMPERATURE SETTING||3.5" LCD Display|
|TEMPERATURE ACCURACY BATH||±1 °C|
|HEATING CAPACITY||1,300 W|
|OVERHEAT PROTECTION BATH||cut-off at 5 °C over set temperature via separate PT 1000|
|VOLUME HEATING BATH||4.5 l|
|MAX. SIZE EVAPORATING FLASK||5 l|
3.5" LCD Display
|INTEGRATED VACUUM CONTROLLER||-|
|VACUUM PROGRAM SETPRESSURE||-|
|VACUUM PROGRAM AUTOEASY||-|
|VACUUM PROGRAM AUTOACCURATE REQUIRES AUTOACCURATE SENSOR||-|
|SUPPLY POWER||1,400 W|
|CONDENSING SURFACE||1,400 cm²|
|CONDENSING SURFACE XL CONDENSER||2,200 cm²|
Downloads & Videos
|Brochure - Hei-VAP Core 2019_EN_online.pdf||Download|
|Brochure - Hei-VAP Core 2019_CN_online.pdf||Download|
Pilot Rotary Evaporators
The Heidolph large scale evaporators of the Hei-VAP Industrial series are perfectly designed for a great deal of different distilling processes, from standard evaporation without vacuum control up to complex distillation processes with vacuum control.
Aspects such as safety, convenience and cost savings have been considerably taken into account during the development of the large scale evaporators. This is reflected in various unique product advantages.
A temperature sensor powers off the bath in case of any uncontrolled heat-up event. The unique integrated evaporating flask support system allows for “one person operation” to remove the flask in just moments.
The automatic water bath refill system along with an additional control panel for filling and electronics allow for use over an extended period of time.
Distill your solvents safely by choosing Heidolph evaporators!
Optional automatic module allow for continuous operation of your solvent distillation process overnight and weekend.
With the Hei-VAP Industrial series you can be sure you are always on the safe side when doing automatic distillation.
Safety features guarantee a smooth distillation process, no matter what solvent you evaporate!
Distilling through automated vacuum distillation allows you to spend a significantly less amount of time on solvent evaporation tasks.
- Excellent user safety with high-impact transparent PMMA door
- Non-fogging safety glass and metal frame guard hood provides excellent user protection
- The evaporation flask is illuminated during operation for increased visibility
- Universal heating bath accommodates water or other bath fluids allowing for temperature settings up to 180 °C
- Receiver cassettes and additional PMMA door housing protect against threat of glassware breakage
- Comes as standard with integrated refill water system, spillover prevention and a release valve at the bottom
- Optional Base Cart is fully-maneuverable with removable panels for storage of vacuum pump, glassware, solvents or accessories
- Certification according to GMP available for this model: validation for installation (IQ) and operating qualification (OQ)
- Large touch screen control panel with illuminated displays for all process parameters, programmable ramps
|Rotation speed range||6 – 160 rpm|
|Temp. range heating bath||20 – 180 °C|
|Bath temperature setting||digital|
|Temperature accuracy||±1 °C|
|Heating capacity||4,000 W|
|Overheat cut-off protection||yes|
|Integrated vacuum controller||yes|
|Vacuum program SETpressure||yes|
|Vacuum program AUTOaccurate requires AUTOaccurate sensor||yes|
|Supply Power||4,600 W|
|Protection class DIN EN 60529||IP 20|
|Max. condensing surface||1.2 m²|
|Hei-VAP Industrial with glassware A||518-13100-00|
|Hei-VAP Industrial with glassware A1||518-14102-00|
|Hei-VAP Industrial with glassware A1C||518-16102-00|
|Hei-VAP Industrial with glassware A2||518-14100-00|
|Hei-VAP Industrial with glassware A2C||518-16100-00|
|Hei-VAP Industrial with glassware AC||518-15100-00|
|Hei-VAP Industrial with glassware K||518-18102-00|
|Hei-VAP Industrial with glassware KC||518-19102-00|
|Hei-VAP Industrial with glassware R||518-11100-00|
|Hei-VAP Industrial with glassware RC||518-12100-00|
|Hei-VAP Industrial with glassware Shorty R||518-18100-00|
|Hei-VAP Industrial with glassware Shorty RC||518-19100-00|
Large Scale Rotary Evaporators
Genser Scientific make high performance rotary evaporation systems with many unique features. The main design difference to all other brands is the floating evaporation bath (patented). This allows long seal lifetimes which are guaranteed for 20,000 operation hours.
Genser glassware has extremely good leak rates allowing evaporations to be performed at lowest temperatures saving energy and protecting your samples. Process yields and product purities can be further improved with the patented StaconSeal option which allows Genser rotary evaporators to achieve pressures as low as 0.01 mbar. Solutions include batch systems and fully automated production systems with up to 100l flask volume, optionally also in ATEX compliant explosion-proof design.